Thermal insulation for high temperature fluid transfer
A novel insulation solution for high temperature fluids, Insulon vacuum jacketed hoses help thermal systems improve overall performance. Benefits include include temperature control, heat conservation, and improved safety.
Insulon hoses work by employing advanced vacuum technology. The hoses are double-walled with a vacuum space in between. This vacuum barrier drastically reduces heat transfer, resulting in a range of benefits including heat conservation, improved energy efficiency, and safer systems.
Operating Temperature Range
Insulon vacuum jacketed hoses help improve thermal energy efficiency for high temperature fluids up to 900 degrees Celsius.
- Reducing potential exposure to dangerous high temperatures
- Conserve thermal energy by preventing heat loss or gain
- Conserve heat, ensuring that the fluid maintains its target temperature
- Maintain safer surface temperatures with high performance insulation
- 100% stainless steel surfaces on interior and exterior of hose
- ASTM G93 oxygen cleanliness up to Level A available upon request
- Protect personnel help prevent accidental burns or injuries
- Improve energy efficiency and reduce energy requirements
- Inter, non-reactive materials are easy to sterilize; compatible with cleanroom requirements
- Safeguard equipment (high temperature fluids can damage infrastructure if not properly insulated)
High temperature vacuum jacketed hose applications
Chemical Processing Plants
Insulon vacuum jacketed hoses can help maintain temperature control for high temperature fluid lines used in chemical processing. 316L stainless steel compatible with cleanroom requirements
High Temp Steam Transfer
Safely transfer high-temperature steam for power generation, heating, cleaning, sterilization, food manufacturing, rubber manufacturing, and other industrial processes
Process Heating Systems
Improve thermal control and efficiency, increase heating capacity, and speed up time to temperature with Insulon vacuum jacketed hoses for process heating and cooling systems
Enable precise temperature control in industrial manufacturing applications. Insulon hoses deliver ultra-high thermal performance for applications up to 900 degrees Celsius
Safer surface temperature analysis
This chart illustrates the temperature difference between the process media (hot air) and the external surface at the midpoint of the hose. With an inlet temperature of 900°C, surface temperatures at the midpoint of the Insulon vacuum jacketed hose were approximately 300°C. Ambient temperature was 23°C.
This analysis was conducted with a 1/2″ ID x 6′ L Insulon vacuum jacketed hose, low pressure (LP). High pressure hoses also available. Option to include multi-layer insulation (MLI) for “super” insulation performance.