Industrial Cryogenic Gas Supply
Insulon hoses facilitate the safe and efficient transfer of cryogenic fluids for a range of applications including electronics manufacturing and healthcare.
Liquid and Cryo-Compressed Hydrogen
Minimize boil-off material losses with ultra-high performance vacuum jacketed hoses for LH2. Benefits include compact design and low non-volatile residue (NVR) on surfaces.
Food and Beverage Industry
Insulon vacuum jacketed hoses improve rapid freezing, chilling, and cryogenic grinding processes used to preserve perishable food and beverage products.
Cryopreservation for Sample Storage
For use with cryogenic freezers to maintain the ultra-low temperatures required to preserve the integrity and efficacy of samples including live tissues and cells.
Vacuum insulation for low temperature fluid transfer
Ensure optimal temperature maintenance, enhance safety, conserve valuable materials, and improve performance of your cryogenic system with Insulon vacuum jacketed hoses.
Insulon hoses excel when handling extremely cold or cryogenic temperatures. The key lies in their double-walled design which offers unmatched thermal insulation and energy efficiency.
By incorporating advanced vacuum technology, the double-walled hose creates a vacuum-sealed space between the inner and outer layers. The vacuum barrier effectively minimizes heat transfer and reduces cryogenic fluid boil-off losses.
- Maintain safer surface temperatures with high performance insulation
- Reduce material losses due to boil-off by minimizing heat transfer
- Reduce accumulation of frost and condensation
- 100% stainless steel surfaces on interior and exterior of hose
- Compatible with liquid cryogens including liquid nitrogen, hydrogen, helium, argon, and carbon dioxide
- ASTM G93 oxygen cleanliness up to Level A available upon request
- Reduce potential exposure to cryogenic temperatures to Improve plant or laboratory safety
- Conserve valuable cryogenic materials
- Prevent moisture from collecting on the surfaces of the hose; minimize dripping
- Inter, non-reactive materials are easy to sterilize; compatible with cleanroom requirements
Safer surface temperature analysis
This chart illustrates the temperature difference between the process media (LN2, -196°C) and the external surface of an Insulon vacuum jacketed hose. The temperature difference at steady state was over 205°C (369°F). Ambient temperature was 23°C.
This analysis was conducted with a 1/2″ ID x 6′ L Insulon vacuum jacketed hose, low pressure (LP). High pressure hoses also available. Option to include multi-layer insulation (MLI) for “super” insulation performance.